Articles & Multimedia
Maintain the Learning Environment
- Management Tips for New Teachers - Questions to ask as you set up your classroom.
- Stop Your Energy Drain - Keep your class fresh.
- Can't Stop Talking - Learn more about middle school students' need for socializing.
Conduct Class Efficiently
- No More Homework Excuses - Games to encourage students to do homework daily.
- Class Meetings - Help students share their thoughts and solve classroom issues.
Reach All Students
- Behavior Contracts - How to Write Them - Components to include in a contract.
- Creating Community Connects Kids - Teacher-tested strategies for elementary school students.
Establish & Maintain Discipline
- A Safe and Orderly Environment - Number one tenet of the effective-schools research.
- Breaking Up Fights -Some basic techniques for dealing with physically aggressive students.
- Maintaining a Safe Environment - Dealing with anger and violence.
- Web Sites for Exploring Conflict Resolution - Resources for learning more about conflict resolution.