The SCEA and NEA care.
The safety and well-being of members, students, and families is important to us. Here are some links that will take you to resources to help you during the hurricane season or other times you need help.
NEA Member Benefits is here to support educators in difficult times. Through the NEA MB Disaster Relief Program, many of NEA MB’s benefit partners are offering special accommodations to members in need. NEA Member Benefits is currently helping hurricane victims. Please visit www.neamb.com/disaster-assistance.htm for more information about which NEA MB Partner offers might apply to you and your situation. You may also contact the Member Service Center toll-free at 1-800-637-4636.
The American Red Cross is working around the clock to provide safe shelter and comfort for the hundreds of thousands of people impacted by the hurricanes.DONATE
Resources for Educators, Students, and Families
- The American School Counselor Association provides an extensive list of resources for helping kids deal with hurricanes and floods.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network “After the Hurricane: Helping Young Children Heal”
- Tips for Parents: Helping Kids Cope with Hurricane Harvey (Save the Children)
- Remembering Hurricane Katrina: 15 Moving Books for Kids of All Ages(Brightly)
- Recommended Children's Books About Hurricanes (ThoughtCo)
- Talk to Your Kids About Hurricanes (Scholastic)