The SCEA provides the following support to members pursuing their NBC. Watch our site throughout the year for registration information for these sessions.
A wareness Sessions
These sessions introduce you to the Mission of the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards, and the process by which you can achieve National Board Certification. You will explore the three main reasons why teachers choose to pursue becoming an NBCT:
- To achieve autonomy over your own professional development.
- To master your teaching craft, through self-reflection.
- To give your work purpose again through stronger student achievement.
- What is National Board Certification?
- Why has National Board revised its certification process?
- What are details pertaining to eligibility, certificate areas, fees,
registration, component instructions, and scoring?
- What does the initial certification process involve?
- How can I find assistance to achieve certification?
S upport Sessions
These sessions provide Certification support from a National Board Certified Teacher and Certified Support Provider, opportunities to learn and receive feedback with other candidates, experience research-based instructional strategies to use with K-12 students, and tailored support program to meet candidates’ needs
J ump Start Sessions
Jump Start is a comprehensive seminar designed to provide National Board candidates with important information about the certification process, time to examine component requirements, the opportunity to plan how to meet requirements, and time to collaborate, gather resources and information needed to pursue NBC.