The SCEA is dedicated to teaching excellence.
The SCEA brings quality professional development to its members.
- Sessions are held at The SCEA Headquarters
- Registration fee varies but is very low.
- Meals and materials are included.
- Attendees get a certificate of attendance for renewal credits.
Conference topics vary each year. Here are topics presented last year:
- Helping Students Learn
- Degrees not Debt
- Legal Rights and Responsibilities
- Using QR Codes in the Classroom
- Teaching Civics with Video Games
- Becoming a 21st Century Technology Teacher
- Writing SLOs
- Blended Learning
- Tools, Ticks & Strategies
- Bullying and Safe Schools
- Alternative Energy and STEAM
- Innovative E-Learning Tool to Promote Teen Health
- Engaging Students in Thinking and Problem Solving
- Technology in the Classroom
- Connecting Current Legislation w/ Schools and Classrooms