is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education in the U.S. and other nations. NCES is located within the U.S. Department of Education and the Institute of Education Sciences. The National Center for Education Statistics' website provides education research. Part I provides state-level data on an array of topics relevant to the complex enterprise of public education.Part II provides projections of public school enrollment, employment and compensation of personnel, and finances, as reported by individual state departments of education.Public education in the United States is a joint enterprise between local, state, and federal governments. Yet, progress in improving public education stems primarily from the efforts of state education agencies, local districts, and individual schools. These public organizations deserve credit for recognizing that spending for education needs to be acknowledged as an investment in our nation’s most valuable resource—children. Similarly, this publication represents a collective effort that goes well beyond the staff of the National Education Association. Individual state departments of education and the NEA’s state affiliates participate in collecting and assembling the data shown here. As a result, the NEA appreciates and acknowledges the cooperation it receives from all those whose efforts make this publication possible. NEA Rankings & Estimates Publication Other NEA Research Documents
These maps provide access to interesting demographics and data about SC and other states.
- National Public Radio Click here to see several interactive election maps The Economy Where You Live
- Patchwork Nation National data by county, congressional district or community type. Click Here to See Map
- CNN Money - Where does SC rank? Click here to see map
- New York Times Where Tea Party Candidates are Running
- Moody's Analytics Global Recovery
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Charts and tables