Elections have consequences. That's why we must elect champions of Public Education.
In 2024, South Carolinians will determine who is elected to the South Carolina House of Representatives, the South Carolina Senate, and many school board and other local races.
Voting for pro-public education candidates at the state and local level is one of the most effective ways to stand up for public schools.
Ways to vote
- Voting in person on Election Day. Primaries for 2024 elections will be June 11, 2024. Find your polling place!
- Absentee voting: You can request an absentee ballot application as early as January 1! Learn more about absentee voting here.
- Early, in-person voting: For primaries, early voting begins 15 days prior to Election Day. Learn about early voting here.
Know before you vote
Sample Ballot: Sample ballots will become available 45 days out from an election. Click here to access your personal sample ballot.
Photo ID - When voting in person, you will be asked to show one of the following Photo IDs at your polling place:
- SC Driver's License
- SC Department of Motor Vehicles ID Card
- SC Voter Registration Card with Photo
- Federal Military ID
- US Passport
- Click here to learn more about photo ID required at the polling place.
We need to make sure that we speak up and speak out . . . show that we are unafraid to use our expertise and inform them.
THE SCEA RECOMMENDATION PROCESS
The SCEA Fund for Children & Public Education (The SCEA FCPE) is a Political Action Committee (PAC) established and funded by members of The SCEA to recommend and support public education champions for local, state, and federal office. No dues dollars enter the PAC and all donations made to the PAC are voluntarily made by members of The SCEA.
The PAC recommendation process is member-driven, and candidates running for The SCEA-PAC-recommended office have the opportunity to seek the recommendation of the The SCEA-PAC.
Candidates seeking the The SCEA-PAC recommendation engage with members in a number of ways, including the completion of a candidate questionnaire, and participating in a question and answer session with members during the The SCEA-PAC screening interviews.
South Carolina House of Representatives
Once released, our 2024 recommendations will be listed here!
South Carolina Senate
Once released, our recommendations for South Carolina Senate will be listed here!