UniServ Director: District 2 Membership Specialist
Assists the South Carolina Education Association (The SCEA) in the achievement of its goals and strategic priorities through membership recruitment, promotion, retention, engagement, new leader identification and support to local associations and members in areas including, but not limited to, organizing, member rights advocacy, local development and training, professional efficacy, and political advocacy.
Provides direct member support working with the Member Advocacy Specialist and provides training and leadership development to locals.
- Assists members and locals in member rights advocacy.
- Provides direct support and representation to members for employment issues including, but not limited to, direct discussions/representation with school administrators and school boards.
- Monitors the introduction and status of all relevant state and federal legislation relating to members’ advocacy and support.
- Advises leaders in dealing with local operations and assists in local association program development.
- Assists in the development and dissemination of general communications.
- Assists local associations in developing effective internal and external public relations programs.
- Uses The SCEA resource personnel and participates in providing programs and support to local associations and members through learning and engagement opportunities such as workshops and trainings.
- Assists locals with political advocacy at the local, state, and national levels.
- Assists existing, new, and potential locals in internal and external organizing activities.
- Assists members and locals with professional issues advocacy.
- Plans, develops, and provides training for leaders and members.
- Serves as a liaison/advisor and subject matter expert as assigned.
- Attends major conferences, workshops, etc. in areas of assignment and disseminates relevant information obtained at said approved professional trainings.
- Tracks all relevant data including, but not limited to, worksite representatives, local leaders, and conversations, in NEA 360.
- Has proactive communications with membership drops/cancellations to ensure membership retention.
- Enters and processes membership enrollment data, as necessary.
- Serves as a House and/or Senate District liaison, as assigned.
- Performs routine administrative tasks, such as submitting vouchers, activity reports and leave requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
3. Minimum Qualifications
Education: College Degree – Bachelors
Experience: Experience in job-related position or experience in a related association/union activity.
Technical: Microsoft Office Suite, NEA 360, grammar, spelling, punctuation, e-mail etiquette and business letter writing. VAN experience preferred.
Other: Flexibility, good judgement, initiative. Ability to be effective under pressure. Ability to work independently. Ability to prepare written materials and work harmoniously with other staff members, members of the Association and members of the public.
Residence: This is a field-based position, and this person shall reside within his or her assigned service area (district 2 - Midlands).
3. Authority and Relationships
This position is part of the Bargaining Unit and is subject to the terms, salary and conditions of employment contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between The SCEA Executive Board and the South Carolina Staff Organization.
Reports to the Executive Director and/or Designee.
4. Salary Range
Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement
If interested in applying, please send resume and cover letter to Executive Director Todd Jaeck at [email protected].