Join The SCEA Today! You belong in the movement!
Together, we have successfully raised educator wages, improved working conditions, supported student loan forgiveness, and made sure the voices of educators are actually heard. With more members like you, we can have an even stronger voice. Join us today.
A collective group like The SCEA is a proven, trusted network to support you in the ability to step out there and say “This has to change,” and you won’t be stepping out alone.
Whether you’ve worked in education for one day or forty years, now is the time to band together and be heard anywhere decisions about education are made. Now is the time to join.
Together, we are united in providing a high-quality education, so that every student can attain their dreams. We all have a part to play in the movement, and we represent everyone in every role on the frontlines of public schools all across the state, from Chesterfield to Charleston, Oconee to Horry.
The result? A union as strong and diverse as its communities.
We encouraged each other, we broke down a lot of barriers . . . We know that within ourselves, we can conquer anything together.
We Stand Together
Be part of the movement. Becoming a member of The South Carolina Education Association connects you with a movement of school staff supporting each other. We are a community that will help you advocate for the funding, resources, and support you, your schools, and your students deserve. This includes:
- Having a voice at the table to advocate for improved working and student learning conditions, including winning increased pay and benefits
- Gaining professional development and leadership training
- Joining forces to move the issues that matter most to you and that affect your students’ lives
- Protecting and enhancing educator rights and offering guidance, advice, and, if necessary, legal representation
- Providing all eligible association members with professional liability insurance
- Improving your buying power and saving money with NEA’s Member Benefits program
South Carolina educators deserve the right to equal funding for their classrooms, equal funding for their students, most importantly their voices to be heard.
Using Our Educator Voice
Tell your legislators: We ALL deserve a raise!
Protect Public Schools. Say NO to Vouchers!
Stand Up for Truth!
I always try to make sure that I’m teaching my students how to make their community better. My students deserve opportunities for a good future.