All students deserve an education that inspires them, encourages their curiosity, and prepares them for success.
All educators deserve the support, resources, and time to do their jobs well, and the security to retire with dignity.
Through The South Carolina Education Association’s advocacy at the Statehouse, we work to create public pre-K-12 schools, colleges, and universities that are worthy of South Carolinians, and to build a more fair, just, and equitable nation for everyone.
The SCEA's Office of Public Affairs:
- Lobbies for state legislation that supports public education, educators, and socially just policies, and against legislation that weakens public education and social justice
- Advances the The SCEA Legislative Agenda, our member-driven, member-endorsed agenda for what we do at the Statehouse
- Strengthens relationships with key members of the legislature on both sides of the aisle
- Prepares The SCEA leaders and activists to engage with and lobby members of the legislature
- Provides updates on our advocacy and invites The SCEA members to engage with the Legislature through our weekly emails, Members Matter
- Maintains the The SCEA Legislative Report Card, a rating of members of the legislature based on their education-related votes and actions
- Works with like-minded organizations and coalitions that share our commitment to strong public schools and resilient public services