The SCEA-Retired Legislative Program addresses the need for retired public school educators to actively advocate for education and benefits for retirees. Members of The SCEA-Retired recently visited the state capitol and asked members of the House of Representatives and the Senate for their support on the issues important to The SCEA-Retired.
Those issues include:
- Improve health, dental, and prescription drug coverage with very small or no increase in premiums. Maintain PEBA Board.
- Fully fund the Education Improvement Act and the Education Finance Act.
- Use public money for public schools only. Defeat vouchers or tax credits for private school education.
- Protect funds in the SC Retirement System and increase Pension Benefits Adjustment.
Members of The SCEA-Retired stay connected with other retired professionals by attending local retired association meetings where we fellowship with other retirees, volunteer with community service projects, participate in The SCEA-Retired Leadership/Membership Conference in August, participate in The SCEA-Retired Delegate Assembly in October, and attend The SCEA-Retired Annual Convention in April.
Retired members join three organizations: The SCEA-Retired, NEA-Retired, and the local retired association. Members are strongly encouraged to pay all dues prior to November 30 of each year.
The National Education Association determines the number of delegates each state affiliate can send to the National Education Association-Retired Annual Meeting by the number of financial members each state has as of January 15 of each year. The membership year is September 1 through August 31.
The SCEA-Retired/NEA-Retired Annual Dues are $55.00 per year. The SCEA-Retired Lifetime Membership Dues are $500.00 (may be paid in installments in one membership year).
Local dues are set by the local retired association.
President, Retired Division
- 1 Put on Your Own Oxygen Mask First: Cultivating Healing and Wellbeing Through Social Awareness (Part 5)
- 2 Put on Your Own Oxygen Mask First: Cultivating Healing and Wellbeing Through Relationship Skills (Part 6)
- 3 Put on Your Own Oxygen Mask First: Cultivating Healing and Wellbeing Through Responsible Decision Making (Part 7)